|English Dictionary: put in
DICT Development Group
|1 result for put in|
|From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) [wn]:|
- put in
- introduce; "Insert your ticket here" [syn: insert,
enclose, inclose, stick in, put in, introduce]
- keep or lay aside for future use; "store grain for the winter"; "The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn't eat"
Synonym(s): store, hive away, lay in, put in, salt away, stack away, stash away
- break into a conversation; "her husband always chimes in, even when he is not involved in the conversation"
Synonym(s): chime in, cut in, put in, butt in, chisel in, barge in, break in
- set up for use; "install the washer and dryer"; "We put in a new sink"
Synonym(s): install, instal, put in, set up
- make an application as for a job or funding; "We put in a grant to the NSF"
Synonym(s): put in, submit
- to insert between other elements; "She interjected clever remarks"
Synonym(s): interject, come in, interpose, put in, throw in, inject
No guarantee of accuracy or completeness!
©TU Chemnitz, 2006-2019