|Proverbs, aphorisms, quotations (English)||by Linux fortune|
|The Latest Get-Rich-Quick Scheme: Bashing Linux|
As used by Jesse Berst and Fred Moody...
1. Write a scathing article attacking some facet of Linux and publish it
2. Arrange for the article to be mentioned on LinuxToday or Slashdot.
3. Watch as thousands of angry Linux zealots storm your article and load
the advertising banners. Listen to the ca-chink $ound of the
advertising revenue that's pouring in.
4. As soon as the maelstrom quiets, publish another scathing article about
the immaturity of the Linux "community", excerpting some of the nasty
flames from Linux longhairs denouncing your intelligence and claiming
that you're on the Microsoft payroll.
5. Arrange for the article to be mentioned on LinuxToday or Slashdot.
6. Watch as thousands of angry Linux zealots storm your article...
7. Wait for a few weeks, and repeat. Cash your inflated paycheck, invest
the proceeds in some Linux stocks, and retire early. You've "earned" it!
Someone who buys stocks on the advice of a broker.
This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in.
The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June,
December, August, and February.
-- Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"