|Proverbs, aphorisms, quotations (English)||by Linux fortune|
|New members are urgently needed in the Society for Prevention of|
Cruelty to Yourself. Apply within.
|"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of purge."|
|"An ounce of prevention is worth a ton of code."|
-- an anonymous programmer
|Rocky's Lemma of Innovation Prevention:|
Unless the results are known in advance, funding agencies will
reject the proposal.
|You know you're in trouble when...|
(1) Your only son tells you he wishes Anita Bryant would mind
her own business.
(2) You put your bra on backwards and it fits better.
(3) You call Suicide Prevention and they put you on hold.
(4) You see a `60 Minutes' news team waiting in your office.
(5) Your birthday cake collapses from the weight of the candles.
(6) Your 4-year old reveals that it's "almost impossible" to
flush a grapefruit down the toilet.
(7) You realize that you've memorized the back of the cereal box.
|Signs of crime: screaming or cries for help.|
-- The Brown University Security Crime Prevention Pamphlet