|English Dictionary: manoeuvre
DICT Development Group
|1 result for manoeuvre|
|From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) [wn]:|
- a plan for attaining a particular goal [syn: tactic,
tactics, maneuver, manoeuvre]
- a military training exercise
Synonym(s): maneuver, manoeuvre, simulated military operation
- a deliberate coordinated movement requiring dexterity and skill; "he made a great maneuver"; "the runner was out on a play by the shortstop"
Synonym(s): maneuver, manoeuvre, play
- a move made to gain a tactical end
Synonym(s): maneuver, manoeuvre, tactical maneuver, tactical manoeuvre
- an action aimed at evading an opponent
Synonym(s): maneuver, manoeuvre, evasive action
- act in order to achieve a certain goal; "He maneuvered to
get the chairmanship"; "She maneuvered herself into the directorship"
Synonym(s): maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre
- direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
Synonym(s): steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise
- perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defense
Synonym(s): manoeuver, maneuver, manoeuvre, operate
No guarantee of accuracy or completeness!
©TU Chemnitz, 2006-2020