|English Dictionary: make out
DICT Development Group
|1 result for make out|
|From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) [wn]:|
- make out
- detect with the senses; "The fleeing convicts were picked
out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I can't make out the faces in this photograph"
Synonym(s): spot, recognize, recognise, distinguish, discern, pick out, make out, tell apart
- make out and issue; "write out a check"; "cut a ticket"; "Please make the check out to me"
Synonym(s): write out, issue, make out, cut
- comprehend; "I cannot make out what this politician is saying"
- proceed or get along; "How is she doing in her new job?"; "How are you making out in graduate school?"; "He's come a long way"
Synonym(s): do, fare, make out, come, get along
- come to terms with; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
Synonym(s): cope, get by, make out, make do, contend, grapple, deal, manage
- have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
Synonym(s): sleep together, roll in the hay, love, make out, make love, sleep with, get laid, have sex, know, do it, be intimate, have intercourse, have it away, have it off, screw, fuck, jazz, eff, hump, lie with, bed, have a go at it, bang, get it on, bonk
- kiss, embrace, or fondle with sexual passion; "The couple were necking in the back seat of the car"
Synonym(s): neck, make out
- write all the required information onto a form; "fill out this questionnaire, please!"; "make out a form"
Synonym(s): complete, fill out, fill in, make out
- imply or suggest; "Your remarks make me out to be stupid"
- try to establish; "She made out that she know nothing about the crime"
No guarantee of accuracy or completeness!
©TU Chemnitz, 2006-2020