|English Dictionary: get out
DICT Development Group
|1 result for get out|
|From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) [wn]:|
- get out
- move out of or depart from; "leave the room"; "the fugitive
has left the country"
Synonym(s): exit, go out, get out, leave
Antonym(s): come in, enter, get in, get into, go in, go into, move into
- take out of a container or enclosed space; "Get out your best dress--we are going to a party!"
Synonym(s): bring out, get out
- move out or away; "The troops pulled out after the cease- fire"
Synonym(s): pull out, get out
Antonym(s): draw in, get in, move in, pull in
- express with difficulty; "I managed to get out a few words"
- bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover; "draw a weapon"; "pull out a gun"; "The mugger pulled a knife on his victim"
Synonym(s): draw, pull, pull out, get out, take out
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning"
Synonym(s): break, get out, get around
- escape potentially unpleasant consequences; get away with a forbidden action; "She gets away with murder!"; "I couldn't get out from under these responsibilities"
Synonym(s): get off, get away, get by, get out, escape
No guarantee of accuracy or completeness!
©TU Chemnitz, 2006-2019