|English Dictionary: come out
DICT Development Group
|1 result for come out|
|From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) [wn]:|
- come out
- appear or become visible; make a showing; "She turned up at
the funeral"; "I hope the list key is going to surface again"
Synonym(s): come on, come out, turn up, surface, show up
- be issued or published; "Did your latest book appear yet?"; "The new Woody Allen film hasn't come out yet"
Synonym(s): appear, come out
- come out of; "Water issued from the hole in the wall"; "The words seemed to come out by themselves"
Synonym(s): issue, emerge, come out, come forth, go forth, egress
- result or end; "How will the game turn out?"
Synonym(s): turn out, come out
- come off; "His hair and teeth fell out"
Synonym(s): come out, fall out
- take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal; "Jerry came in third in the Marathon"
Synonym(s): place, come in, come out
- make oneself visible; take action; "Young people should step to the fore and help their peers"
Synonym(s): come to the fore, step forward, come forward, step up, step to the fore, come out
- bulge outward; "His eyes popped"
Synonym(s): start, protrude, pop, pop out, bulge, bulge out, bug out, come out
- to state openly and publicly one's homosexuality; "This actor outed last year"
Synonym(s): come out of the closet, out, come out
- be made known; be disclosed or revealed; "The truth will out"
Synonym(s): out, come out
- break out; "The tooth erupted and had to be extracted"
Synonym(s): erupt, come out, break through, push through
No guarantee of accuracy or completeness!
©TU Chemnitz, 2006-2020