A service provided by
Dictionary De - En
De - Es
De - Pt
w/o phonetic transcr.
engl. phonetic transcr.
nickers and holdbacks
Proverbs, aphorisms, quotations (English)
by Linux fortune
Jargon Coiner (#1)
An irregular feature that aims to give you advance warning of new jargon
that we've just made up.
* WINCURSE: Loud expletive uttered when a Linux user comes face-to-face
with a computer containing a WinModem.
Example: "Eric wincursed when his mother showed him the new computer she
bought from CompUSSR... which contained a WinModem and a WinSoundCard."
* WIND'OH KEY:
given to the three useless Windows keys that come
on virtually all new keyboards. These keys are often hit by mistake
instead of CTRL or ALT, causing the user to shout "D'oh!"
* DE-WIND'OH!ED KEYBOARD: (1) A new keyboard produced without any wind'oh!
keys or a "Enhanced for Windows 95/98" logo. Extremely rare. (2) A
keyboard in which the wind'oh! keys have been physically removed.
As many of you know, I am taking a class here at UNC on Personality.
One of the tests to determine personality in our book was so incredibly
useful and interesting, I just had to share it.
Answer each of the following items "true" or "false"
1. I think beavers work too hard.
2. I use shoe polish to excess.
3. God is love.
4. I like mannish children.
5. I have always been diturbed by the sight of Lincoln's ears.
6. I always let people get ahead of me at swimming pools.
7. Most of the time I go to sleep without saying goodbye.
8. I am not afraid of picking up door knobs.
9. I believe I smell as good as most people.
10. Frantic screams make me nervous.
11. It's hard for me to say the right thing when I find myself in a room
full of mice.
12. I would never tell my
in a crisis.
13. A wide necktie is a sign of disease.
14. As a child I was deprived of licorice.
15. I would never shake hands with a gardener.
16. My eyes are always cold.
17. Cousins are not to be trusted.
18. When I look down from a high spot, I want to spit.
19. I am never startled by a fish.
20. I have never gone to pieces over the weekend.
Search further for "nickname":
Synonyms / explanations
Proverbs, aphorisms, quotations
Google: Web search
No guarantee of accuracy or completeness!
©TU Chemnitz, 2006-2013
Your e-mail address for an answer:
Sprachreisen Martin Peters
Dein Foto als Handy Cover