- a very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal); "his
bellow filled the hallway"
Synonym(s): bellow, bellowing, holla, holler, hollering, hollo, holloa, roar, roaring, yowl
- a small valley between mountains; "he built himself a cabin in a hollow high up in the Appalachians"
Synonym(s): hollow, holler
- shout out; "He hollered out to surrender our weapons" [syn:
holler, holler out]
- utter a sudden loud cry; "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"; "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn't hear me"
Synonym(s): shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
- complain; "What was he hollering about?"
Synonym(s): gripe, bitch, grouse, crab, beef, squawk, bellyache, holler